Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bluetooth Tethering

My next issue remains unresolved. My laptop does not have native Bluetooth. I have a USB Bluetooth dongle. Lubuntu installed the dongle without my help. I can connect to devices including my Samsung Galaxy S4 and browse send and receive files, but I cannot connect to my phones internet connection via Bluetooth. I've tried multiple methods I found online, but nothing worked. Lots of people having this issue, especially people using a dongle rather than built-in Bluetooth. Blueman (the built in Bluetooth manager in Lubuntu) sees the connection and tells me I have an internet connection through my phone, but the Network manager sees nothing. I can use my phones internet via USB tethering or WiFi hotspot no problem, so its not a show stopper. I just prefer using Bluetooth. 

Hopefully I will figure it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment