Sunday, September 29, 2013

Popping Sound

The next unresolved issue is a popping sound coming from my speakers randomly when running on battery power. I have read quite a few posts on a couple different Ubuntu forums where people had similar issues. So far none of the solutions I've found have fixed it. It apparently has something to do with the power saving mode. Basically, the sound card is off or asleep most of the time when running on battery. When the system generates a sound it turns the card on. On some hardware (including mine apparently) the speakers pop when it turns on. Its super irritating.

Based on this discission I uninstalled PulseAudio. Will have to wait and see if it worked. If I dont get any popping for a whole day, I'll call it fixed.


some links (in case someone else is having similar issues)





No comments:

Post a Comment